CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My introduction

I'm a Christian, mom to three boys, a loving wife to an adoring hubby, and a middle school math teacher.  My school is in a rural area.  I have spent the last 6 years teaching 6th grade, but next year I'll be in 7th.  I told my students I adored them so much that I was going with them!  {In reality, my principal moved me but I was certainly okay with the change!}

So here I am in the world of blogging.  It's honestly a world I didn't know existed in the realm of education until a few months ago.  Since then...yes, like some of you, I was am a blog stalker.  I was amazed at the creativity, ideas, and most of all the collaboration.  As our state is implementing the Common Core initiative, I thought it was a great time to come on board to the blogging world.  Some of the things I hope to accomplish with this blog:  

1.  Discuss room set-up.  I know I'm not the only one that LOVES seeing room pictures!  Too bad most are of elementary rooms.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing those too.  Unfortunately they just aren't always applicable to the middle school setting.

2.  Discuss organizational strategies. This will really go hand-in-hand with my room set-up in a lot of areas.  I <3 organization.  Though I often appear to be organized, I often feel VERY far from it.  Anything that makes my life easier is great to me!  I honestly feel my world is that of organized chaos!

3.  Discuss motivational strategies for students.  In a perfect world, ALL learners come to school ready to learn...in my world, well that's not always the case.  :)

4.  Most importantly - discuss teaching strategies! :)  More than anything I LOVE finding lessons or ideas that I think will be fun, engaging, and educational!  
    
Thanks for reading and I hope you'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment